Friday, August 14, 2015

Breakfast Smoothies!

They say that the most important part of your day is breakfast. I will admit that my least favorite meal of the day is Breakfast. I hate the idea of within 30 minutes of getting up you have to be coherent enough to come up with something to stuff in your mouth that is nutritious and will give you the energy that you need to last until lunch time. Before this last week I found it easier to just skip breakfast than to take the time.

With my new vegan journey, though, I decided that my lack of interest in this first meal of the day needed to change. One thing that I read a lot about was smoothies, easy to make, extra yummy, and there are so many to choose from.

Out of all of the ones that I have tried my all time favorite is my banana/blueberry smoothie. Full of antioxidants and fiber it keeps you full and gets you energized, does almost as much as two cups of coffee. Also, having a breakfast smoothie allows me an easy way to get in my servings of fruit with my busy work schedule. Plus, it's filling so one smoothie can easily be split into Breakfast and an afternoon or evening snack.

All I do is stick frozen blackberries, blueberries, and a whole banana with a cup of cran-raspberry juice in my vita-mix with ice. Blend it up and pour it in a cup. I prep my breakfast smoothies the night before so all I have to do in the morning is grab and go. There are so many variations like mango/ orange-juice smoothie or even the strawberry/green grape smoothie. I've also tried adding 1/4 cup of dried oatmeal to the smoothie to give it more volume and sure enough it did and it tasted great. Even adding a cup or two of spinach to your smoothie can add to the nutritional benefit.

Breakfast smoothies, seriously the best creation known to man-kind. Highly recommended. Highly tasty. Highly nutritious. Have a smoothie recipe you love? Post it on the Facebook page or in the blog comments below or even send it to me on Pinterest and I'll pin it onto the Whole Lifo board! Excited to try more smoothies and I always welcome new and exciting recipes.

Thanks again for reading and following!



No comments:

Post a Comment