Thursday, August 13, 2015

Portobello Steaks and Feeling Great!

Day three has come and gone! I can't believe how excited I still am about all of this. My favorite part has definitely been exploring the new and exciting recipes that I am getting off of Pinterest and from friends. So far I have experimented with breakfast smoothies, two different quinoa salads, which were both out of this world, and tonight for dinner I made Portobello mushroom steaks.

Spent some time chatting with my roommate tonight about how much I am already noticing the effects of changing my diet. Only three days and already I feel better than I have felt in a very long time. Last night, for the first time in months, I fell asleep without using any night-time sleep aids, and I slept the whole entire night, a full 8.5 hours without waking up once. I felt rested and wide-awake all day today, for the first time in forever. I haven't had a single migraine in three days, which is a record. Plus I feel healthier. It is so nice to know that already I am reaping some of the benefits of switching.

Tonight's dinner was so fabulous I can't help but recommend that anyone try it. Besides being delicious, it was also so easy to make! All we did was boil up some organic, gluten-free pasta, and combined that with some Tomato and Roasted Garlic sauce. Then we sautéed Portobello mushroom steaks with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and  a little bit of soy sauce until they were tender. A fabulous, and filling combination! I highly recommend trying this one night when you don't have any plans for dinner.

Tomorrow I will write a little bit about these fabulous breakfast smoothies that I have been trying! Thank you all for reading and for your support on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment