Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Journey Begins

Well, here I am about to start probably one of the most daring and exciting journey's that I have ever decided to take. Today, I am going on a Vegan diet for 30 days, one month exactly, to see if everything that everyone is saying is true. Why? Well, there's a story behind all of this craziness.

Once upon a time there was a 15 year old girl who wasn't the skinniest or prettiest girl in school, and who also struggled with several different health ailments. Constantly plagued by colds or the flu or by pounding migraines she suffered quite a bit with keeping herself healthy. Her Junior year in high school she decided it was time for a change, so she cut all bread and sugar out of her diet for five months, and lo and behold, she lost 20 pounds, 2 pants sizes, and she felt better! Her senior year living on this diet was much harder, and instead she began to just eat less, leaving her body starving most of the time, and constantly leaving her feeling bloated and self-conscious because of her inconsistent weight.

Entering college was a whole new diet adventure. All four years of college she struggled with healthy eating, staying consistently active, and battling the health problems that she faced on a daily basis. The migraines became worse, and this time they came with other horrific side effects, loss of appetite, insomnia, stomach pain, and the list goes on and on. After seeking attention from medical professionals, to no avail, she gave up.

So has been my life for the past year, going on and off of "healthy eating" diets and workout programs. This summer has been a wake-up call. My body has fully rebelled and so I decided it was time to do some research. So, after hours of research and conversations I have decided to give this vegan lifestyle a try. I hope that at the end of this 30 day journey I will be a better and stronger person, that I can once again prove to myself that I can be self-controlled in the area of food, and maybe I will even come to a point of discovering what works for me and my body to stay healthy.

I hope to use this blog as an encouragement to those who struggle in the same ways that I do, and also that I could share the things that I am learning along the way with all of you. I am excited to share with you all the things that I come to love, and the things that I struggle with. Maybe through this journey I can encourage someone else to take the plunge and do what they have not dared to do for quite some time. Will you join me on my journey? Who knows what awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment