Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week One...Complete

I can hardly believe that it's been one whole week since I began my journey! It has been such an awesome week! I have tried so many new things, and fallen in love with cooking vegan. The flavors and the way that everything combines is incredible. Whoever said that vegans don't have good food, or food that tastes like anything, they were completely mistaken.

The biggest and most exciting part of this first week for me, though, was that in the last week I lost three pounds! After months of trying to eat healthier and struggling to find what worked for me and left me feeling great, I have finally lost a few pounds. As small as that may seem, it's huge when you've been trying so hard.

Overall my experience this past week has been amazing. A lot of support from friends and family, and a ton of encouragement to keep going. With week two staring me in the face I know that there will be more challenges, especially as I will be vacationing for a week and will have to be creative with my eating choices.

Once again, I do want to take the time to thank all of you who have been encouraging me as I go through this adventure. Thank you for your kind words and for the recipes you have shared and even the stories of your own journey. That is truly the encouragement that helps me stay strong through each day. So, until tomorrow. Stay strong, stay healthy, and of course Have a great evening! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment